Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Thankful.

Last night, I was standing on an adit, trying to get to the other side of the passage without standing on the stopes. I had to attach myself to some ropes rigged as a traverse line. As I climbed/scrambled along the walls without my feet touching the stope, I didn't feel fear...

If I put pressure on the wooden ground that has been there since 1800s, the floor would give way and I would fall and most certainly be, dead, or severely injured.

A week ago, I was dangling over a hole that dropped about 20m, trying to remove the ropes from the P-bolts. Again I didn't feel fear.

I realised that many times I have been in ridiculously dangerous situations held up by mere little metalic contraptions and ridiculously thin 10mm static ropes, and I'm still alive!

Been thinking about these things alot recently, and I can only thank God for the graces and safety and common sense that He has imbued in me. For the first time last night, i actually prayed thanksgiving after coming out safely from the gazillionth mine/cave that I stepped off. strangely, it feels very good.

No comments: