Thursday, May 10, 2007

Chin up! Better times are ahead!

Hello everyone!

How come so few sharings!? More!!

----

I just had a strange string of bad news.. Things not going well in school, mentally, spiritually, everything lah.. even left my stove on and happily went to work only to panic and call my flatmate to run to the kitchen to help me turn off the stove. what a muppet.

Then I read about Raymond's sharing with Rex band, and Collin's post on divine providence.. I somehow know that there are better days to come.. But yet.. "O thou of little faith, why dost thou doubt!?" says Jesus to Peter when they went pottering about in the water. Why can't I trust Him more?

It may sound like good news to some of you, but I was awfully devastated when I learnt that the British Geological Survey has decided not to hire me for summer. Oh brilliant, 2 months of anticipation, prayers and hope has come to naught. It felt like I had hit a brick wall of faeces and there was no way out. My friend's reaction was a simple: Devo! Trip home for summer!

Well, only if it were that simple.

Even though I hadn't gotten a job with BGS for summer, I am still going to stay here, I've additionally applied for 2 other jobs, one residential(anywhere in the UK), and one near where I live in Plymouth. The reason for such is simple.. I can't afford to come home on my own, and pride has gotten the better of me to be more self-sufficient. I am quite adamant that this is the way that things should be, at least for this summer, and come what may will be my slogan for thereafter.

Everytime I am talking to someone and the topic of summer comes up, and I am forced to say, "oh, i'm not going for summer", a part of me inside dies, and never grows back again.

Its amazing what kind of pain we like to put ourselves through init?

No comments: