Friday, May 18, 2007

Your grace, my calm.

Exams have officially begun.. yay.

Had my first paper today, and spent the hour before the paper at Church for benediction and spent some time praying before the bl. sacrament (down here no ado room one... want to pray before the bl. sacrament must come at a fixed time during the day)... only asking for one thing. Inner peace.

I asked him to take away everything from me... all the nonsense i'm-going-to-fail-my-exams miscellanous thoughts.. all my rubbish ramblings in my brain.. and everyhting that was currently distracting me from God (i.e chocolates, the yellow car, the silly white haired lady, and the occasional activist) .. For the few moments there, I had peace.

I am thankful I had the chance to go and spend time in silent prayer before my exam.. cus i went into my paper feeling rather refreshed and vigourated (so i drew my stratum contours and did my orientation calculations with much vigour!).

And I did it also because i felt compelled to... especially after reading this.

Its abit of a pain to read.. but it talks about one man's pain, and his struggle to regain control over his mind. How he speaks of personal determination, and his own will power.. and a journey of 7 years to overcome schizophrenia.

I am thankful that I have God to be by my side when i go wonky sometimes. I wish that man had God too.

No comments: