Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Grace upon grace

I'm sorry have been MIA for so long!

Josh, we all go through how you feel. At least I can say for myself la, I understand what you mean about not being present to people.

My faith life took a turn after the YISS in 2001. From 2001 to 2005, I guess I have been earnestly trying to follow, love and serve the way Jesus instructs us to. There were times when I was doing things sincerely, and there were times when I could be listening to someone but not actually being there. Many times, I do things for the sake of doing them, following my faith not outta of love but blindly following the rules.

Things became worse in 2005 when I felt I did not belong and in a way, I developed a deep sense of loneliness. I admit this loneliness drove me into a rather foolish and impatient decision to be involved with someone in a relationship and really took the toil on both of us because of the numerous emotional baggages I carried. I'm sure some of you have listened to my sobs and cries. Thanks! *hugs* In a way, this is all God's plan. Today I am more open to my weaknesses and my faults and failings. I guess I have learnt to be more human and to love and accept myself. I learn to be thankful for what I have rather than being resentful. Most importantly, I'm learning to be happy, to take things less seriously and to step out of my "I can't do this" or "I can't take this" whinings.

I do slide back into my shell and get sucked into what Shireen once mentioned - the black hole theory. I guess what jolted me was that it's God and God alone who can change and transform a rock solid heart to one that is beating because it's full of love.

Was watching this mime by ICPE. Should show you guys on my comp. I was very touched when this verse was sung.

And it's not by might
Not by power
But by My spirit says the Lord


This is my message today from Galatians Chap 5
'Freedom is what we have - Christ has set us free! Stand, then, as free people, and do not allow yourselves to become slaves again.'


May we pray for the strength to let go of our pride and let God's grace build us up into free men and women.

Praise God!

No comments: