Tuesday, May 1, 2007

The Trinity. But which three?

Jesus asked me if i have been faithful to him and been keeping his commandments. I gave a quick ans 'Yes' But the more i look deeper i realise that i have failed terribly... Love your God with all your HEART with all your soul and with all your might. The second love your neighbour as you love yourself.
I know i havent been loving wholeheartedly all along. And my love to others is limited and a very selfish one. With myself as priority and others as secondary. My sorrows my joys my struggles are of high importance. Others are only but theirs, non of my concern. I may go for sharings and heard peoples struggles but how often am i truely concern for these people. How often do i share in his or her sorrows and joys and being there for them. In my prayers daily, their names are mentioned. Not a single one left out, but of all of these names, how many have i truely cared for and for loved... To love is to give yourself wholeheartedly to others. Denying oneself for the love of others. To be compassionate and be sensitive to their feelings and always ready to go out of my way for them.
This pose a great challenge for me to love. Love that requires no expectation and no return and no reciprocation. A love not just extended to family but friends(for my case) and strangers even enemies! The love between the Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, is one of self sacrifice. But the love between me, myself and I ( my trinity) is one of selfish desires and self gratifications.
I begin my journey today renewed once again with the hope to love with all my heart. To love God so as to love neighbour. To love neighbour so as to love God. I pray that i will stop looking at my life as high importance but to be a slave of love, the love that brings hope to all of you my friends whom i call brothers and sisters.

josh

No comments: