Monday, April 2, 2007

Church and Us?

Hello everybody! This is my first post! How exciting! I just got back to Manchester from visiting ENL in Helsinki.

It was a brilliant trip, can check out the pics on my blog when i'm sufficiently un-lazified to do something substantial.

There was some drama involved (as with every trip anyone in community takes) and well.. my drama was rather costly. Another story for another time. : (

Anyway.

Being away from community and everything, it really just emerges how easy peasy it is to stray so so so far away from God! Sunday Mass doesn't seem to take an important place in my weekly schedule, and well, praying. Don't even talk about it.

I still remember telling Kenny Seah dun worry, nothing will happen one.. everything will be the same. But its quite interesting to look in the mirror, and realize, how much I've changed in terms of my attitude towards God.

Now in this Holy week, I feel such a great sense of regret and desire for reconcilliation (i have no idea why, and i think its strange). But i don't know how long will it last before I slip so easily and comfortably into the abyss of this self-proclaimed secular nation which abandoned God. Which I suspect could well be soon.

So as i journey, alone in this wilderness for the next 6 days, the final sprint, the final hike, and the final burst, pray for all those without support and are struggling alone wherever they are. Those who cannot be reached by the ailing grasp of the church, and those who are slipping away.

Lent for me.. will always be a painful reminder of our own human mortality built on the slender supplication of His salvation. What are we, without Him?

I crave chye tao kuey. someone tah pao for me. please?

No comments: