Monday, April 2, 2007

Holy Week!

I can't believe its Holy Week already. I shared that I struggle to be indifferent to Lent, and Holy week is no different I mean, it comes every year doesn't it? And we're going to watch The Passion. Again. I admit I wasn't all that excited hearing about our Holy week plans.

I pick up on what Colin said, that he believed that every time we watch it, we gain new insights from it. I was reading a friend's blog about how he feels that time and memories are just moving in a flux, and if we don't grab on to them, we'll miss it.

This ancient greek dude called Herodotus once said: "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man".

Are we ever the same person twice? Brings to mind the song "Who Am I":

I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.

I pray I don't let Holy week pass me by without me challenging myself to grow deeper in love.

Melt.

No comments: