Monday, April 16, 2007

Life of faith and life of hope

Stressed over exams! cos i dun have time to finish what i need to study...hai sorry for not updating hee.... anyway since its overdue i have two short sharings hee...

Been struggling with my self-righteousness and my pride, esp when i talk to people in trying to challenge them. I am reminded today again during mass that affirmation was also very important in our 'fraternal corrections'. i realise i am very stingy with my words of encouragement and affirmations but very generous with reprimanding people in small of big ways...hai it is yet another call to peel off another layer of myself and so in my dying Christ may live in me.... I guess its that hope that we are called to bring so in words of affirmations and encouragements we bring hope to others...I pray that i may be humble in my words not to be a hypocrite but to be a Christian!


Second sharing its abt weaknesses.... You know i think the greatest struggle for one is the ability to accept ones weaknesses. We all have weaknesses but how many of us can accept them? I fear judgement from others and i am unable to accept my weakness and more so accept that the community still loves me for who i am. Very often, i struggle with the fact that i am imperfect ad that in community my imperfections become more evident and how i think that others cannot love me... But i know that to begin with, i cannot love myself.
Maybe when we have affirmation sessions, we shdn't jus say the good of others but also the weaknesses of others and also the acknowledgement that we are able to love and accept him or her for her weaknesses. I think that for me will be the greatest affirmation! The knowledge of being accepted! But i know i have to begin with loving me first.....Pray on my brothers and sisters! cut off from Jesus and we can do nothing.....

P.S: for any prayer intentions just email to the link on the blog and it will be lifted up during the intercessory every 1st and 3rd thurs of the month @830 in church. Join us pls!!!!!! we need support! hee

No comments: