Sunday, April 29, 2007

Let all mortal flesh keep silence.

Hello! How come nobody blogging anything!?

Nevermind. I blog almost all the time anyway.. and I don't have exams, yet.

----

Today at mass, the Communion Hymn was a very olde Greek hymn, called Let all mortal flesh keep silence.

Let all mortal flesh keep silence
and with fear and trembling stand,
ponder nothing earthly-minded:
for with blessing in his hand,
Christ our God on earth descendeth,
our full homage to demand.

So the story goes, things have not been going well recently, alot of confusion, questions, head/heart aches, and in general alot of restlessness.

Many evenings before retiring to bed, I found myself praying for a peaceful heart, to be able to tide over this period smoothly and comfortably and quickly enough to get back on my own feet and roam the world again.

Today at mass, this song provided me the opportunity, it was like saying to me, Be still! and know that I am here, keep your mind away from your earthly troubles! For when I have called your name, you are mine.

So often, when we have our little problems or when we end up in a knot we just wail WHy God! why!! And we so often seek things like peace and solace and graces from Him in order to tide us through. So often, we forget that the power and strength to overcome all these, is within us.

We already have encountered God in our personal and special ways, thats why we are here, in His Church. And by worshipping Him, I know that by His time, He will lead me away from my troubles.

So for now, things may seem alright, but I know that things will be eventually better, someday.

King of kings, yet born of Mary,
as of old on earth he stood.
Lord of Lords in human vesture
in the Body and the Blood.
He will give to all the faithful
His own Self for heavenly food.

Rank on rank the host of Heaven
spreads it vanguard on the way,
as the Light of Light descendeth
from the realms of endless day,
that the powers of hell may vanish
as the darkness clears away.

At his feet the six-winged Seraph;
Cherubim with sleepless eye,
veil their faces to the Presence,
as with ceaseless voice they cry,
Alleluia! Alleluia!
Alleluia! Lord most high.

No comments: